‘TINY TIM: KING FOR A DAY’
An Exclusive Documentary Film Screening
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 2021
THE WOMAN’S CLUB OF MINNEAPOLIS, MINNEAPOLIS, MN
The very place where Tiny Tim took his last breath!
PRE-PARTY 7:00PM | Music 7:30PM
TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY, OCTOBER 15 AT 10:00am!
$15 (Screening Only) | $75 (Screening & VIP Package)
(plus applicable fees)
About Tiny Tim: King for a Day
TINY TIM: KING FOR A DAY delivers exclusive access to Tiny Tim’s diaries which tell the story of one of the oddest stars the world has ever seen. A life of struggle; against his skeptical parents, hostile neighbors, booing audiences, and his battle with mental illness. Also, Tiny’s fanatical belief: One day I will be famous!
The film, helmed by Swedish director and writer Johan von Sydow and narrated by renowned comedy musician “Weird Al” Yankovic, features rare footage and interviews with Tiny Tim’s Minnesotan friends and family, including his third wife, “Miss Sue” as she was known, who stood by his side on the evening of November 30, 1996, when Tiny Tim collapsed during his performance at The Woman’s Club and drew his final breath. Hosting the film screening at this location will be a rare and unique experience for superfans and newbies alike. There may be the opportunity to hear from Woman’s Club members that were present the night of Tim’s final performance that fateful night.
The film is not currently available for screening, and this will be Minnesotans only chance to see the film on the big screen with a live audience.
Additional Event Details
- VIP Social Hour from 6:00-7:00pm in The Woman’s Club Lounge for VIP ticketholders.
- The VIP Package includes premier seating, reserved parking, a complimentary Tiny Tim-Tini signature cocktail, passed desserts, live ukulele entertainment, a VIP show laminate and a souvenir tulip to help guests tiptoe through the evening.
- All screening attendees are encouraged to arrive to The Woman’s Club theatre by 7:00pm to partake in Tiny Tim Trivia and prizes; the film will start promptly at 7:30pm.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of the event will be required for entry. Masks are recommended.
- Run time: 78 minutes
- Director: Johan von Sydow