SMA, Utepils Brewing and Cities 97.1 present Live at Utepils featuring Guster on Friday, August 4 at Utepils
! Live at Utepils offers live music fans an amazing outdoor concert experience onsite at Utepils Brewing, nestled on the beautiful banks of Bassett Creek right between Downtown Minneapolis and Theodore Wirth Parkway. It is
returning for a second year, and SMA is so excited to partner again with the team at Utepils to bring extraordinary live music to a unique venue in Minneapolis!
DOORS 5PM | MUSIC 7PM | RAIN OR SHINE
TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW!
VIP Package: VIP ticket includes exclusive viewing of the stage, two complimentary drink tickets and VIP bar access
Live music fans, please be advised that Etix is the ONLY authorized ticketing agent for the Live at Utepils series. If you purchase tickets from an unauthorized agent in the secondary ticket sales market (scalper, ticket broker, Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, etc.), you are at risk of purchasing counterfeit or invalid tickets, which will result in refusal of admission. If you have any questions about the validity of the ticket selling service, please visit suemclean.com or etix.com to ensure you are purchasing legitimate tickets for this event. We look forward to seeing you at a show soon!
Guster, formed at Tufts University near Boston in 1992, continues to bring their catchy indie pop melodies and their distinctive percussion hand-drumming to fans everywhere. One refrain that Guster has heard repeatedly throughout their years of successful musical experimentation and wild exploits is…“but you can’t do that!” — however Guster prides themselves on not subscribing to the same musical ideology as critics, never have and never will. Guster’s plan has always been simple. Grow their musical community. Write better and better songs. Keep their minds open. Never repeat themselves and create a legacy of music that is undeniable.
About Live at Utepils
This event is part of Live at Utepils
, an outdoor concert series presented in partnership with SMA.
Live at Utepils (pronounced “OOH-ta-pilz”) takes place in the parking lot of Utepils Brewing, a full scale European-style craft brewery and taproom, nestled on the banks of Bassett Creek between the Harrison & Bryn Mawr neighborhoods of Minneapolis.
The Wood Brothers have partnered with American Friends of Canadian Conservation so that $1 per ticket will support The Nature Trust of British Columbia (NTBC) in their efforts to conserve ecologically-rich wetlands and protect irreplaceable land from development. Every $1 donated will be matched by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service with $2 so more endangered wetlands can be saved. If you’d like to learn more, please visit conservecanada.org.
- This is a Rain or Shine Event.
- All Ages are welcome; children 2 and under are free with a paid adult.
- Parking: Attendees are encouraged to use ride-share, carpool, shuttle from Utepils’ Anwatin satelite lot or use the ample bike parking available on-site at Utepils Brewing. The shuttle will run a 15-20 minute loop from Anwatin Middle School (256 Upton Ave. South, Minneapolis) parking lot to the brewery. There is a dedicated Uber/Lyft drop-off zone at Utepils Brewing. Handicap parking is available near the Entry point in the Utepils parking lot. Park at the Anwatin Middle School lot and take a short, beautiful 15-minute walk to the brewery!
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase from local food trucks and vendors, and those over 21 will be able to purchase Utepils beer on tap.
- There will be a designated smoking area.
- No re-admittance.
- Attendees are encouraged to carpool, ride-share, or bike to this event. Limited parking is available nearby and ticket-purchasers will be emailed with additional parking and general concert information closer to the show.
- The following items are not permitted:
- Lawn chairs
- Pets (service animals only)
- Outside food and beverages
- Weapons or firearms
- Backpacks or large bags*
- All bags will be checked by security upon entrance. Attendees will be allowed to bring one sealed water bottle or one empty container for use at the water refilling station.
- Please contact [email protected] with further questions.